|We need volunteers to help our community respond to food-related challenges that have arisen because of COVID-19! Help our most vulnerable neighbors stay healthy by engaging in activities such as:
- helping to pack boxes of nonperishable food at food bank warehouses
- picking up and delivering meals for homebound older adults
- delivering supplies to assisted living facilities
A significant percentage of the people who regularly volunteer in these roles are older adults and people with chronic illnesses who have been advised to stay home at this time.
The most vulnerable members of our community need YOUR help! Will you please sign up for a shift or two? If you can’t volunteer, here are some other ways to help:
- Donate to Sonoma Family Meal, which pays Sonoma County restaurants and chefs to prepare meals for those in need.
- Donate to Ceres‘ crisis response fund and help care for immunocompromised community members.
- E-shop for a cause with Food for Thought’s virtual food drive!
Let’s all make sure we stay safe, healthy, fed and connected to social services during this community-wide COVID-19 response!