|Stopping forest clearcutting in California starts by creating public demand for an end to this horrid timber industry practice. Letters to the editor of California newspapers can inform people about how clearcutting forests create problems for California. Informed citizens can then push their legislators to choose whether they represent us or the timber industry. This is how change happens.
You can help by sending a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
Writing a letter can feel like a daunting task, which is why the Stop Clearcutting CA Campaign is offering a training that makes letter writing easier. Our training:
- Helps you recognize the right newspaper article to respond to
- Provides a template that covers the essential points to make in an effective letter
- Provides facts about how clearcutting adversely impacts the benefits of forests
- Teaches you how to submit the letter.
- Introduces you to other writers to make it more fun.
Please join us for a 2-hour class on Tuesday, May 19th at 4 PM using Zoom. Sign up here.
We invite all who want to pitch in and make a difference to come to our LTE training. This training will help you become a more effective advocate for our forests and writer for the cause. Every letter written makes progress towards changing the public narrative around this issue. With every person our letters reach, our campaign to stop clearcutting grows. Your participation can help make a difference.
For questions, contact email@example.com.