South East Greenway: Complete the City’s Survey by October 4!
Zoom Meeting: September 30, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. For all Santa Rosa Community Members
|We have a time-bound opportunity to support funding the acquisition and development of the Southeast Greenway – both the park land and the housing portion – with some of the PG&E settlement funds that have been awarded to the City of Santa Rosa. The City is seeking your ideas about how to prioritize using the $95M settlement to make Santa Rosa a more resilient community.
Let’s let them know that we support fire recovery AND making the Southeast Greenway Project happen.
We need each and every one of you to complete a survey! Scroll down to view some ideas that you may wish to include in your responses.
Open the City’s survey: https://www.srcity.org/3400/2017-Fires-Settlement
Attend a Community Meeting
In addition to the survey, community members are invited to attend a planned virtual community meeting to learn more about the settlement funds, the City’s remaining unfunded wildfire recovery projects, and to share input on how Council should prioritize use of the funds.
September 30, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. For all Santa Rosa Community Members
Ideas for Completing the Survey
Project Name: Southeast Greenway
Describe the proposed project:
Acquisition and development of 47 acres of Greenway land into a two-mile linear park offering community residents many amenities and 9.7 acres for housing and mixed use.
Impact of the project:
- Transform unused land into a vibrant community asset that helps meet many City needs
- Convert a heat island into a verdant open space and recreational environment
- Offer safe refuge and evacuation in times of emergency
Benefits of the project:
- Paths for walking and bicycling and 47 acres of public parkland will increase the vibrancy and livability of the community
- The Greenway project includes 9.7 acres zoned for 244 dwelling units, providing much-needed new housing
- The Greenway will be protected and enhanced by creek restoration and planting of native fire-resistant vegetation
- The development of parkland and housing in the Greenway will revitalize nearby business and residential areas and foster neighborhood partnerships and stewardship
- The Greenway will offer space for multiple community gardens, increasing food security and helping neighbors build relationships
Let’s Make It Happen!
Please help us make the Southeast Greenway a priority for using these funds. Thanks in advance for your support.
|Sonoma Land Trust, a 501(c)3 public charity, is the fiscal sponsor of the Southeast Greenway Campaign. Contributions to the Southeast Greenway Campaign are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Southeast Greenway Campaign
PO Box 9122, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Website: www.southeastgreenway.org | Email: email@example.com