Complete the City’s Survey Today!
The City of Santa Rosa wants to hear from you. They are seeking your ideas about how to spend the $95 M PG&E settlement funds. Let’s let them know we support making the Southeast Greenway Project happen. The attached link will open up the City’s survey, which is due on October 4.
Survey Link: https://www.srcity.org/3400/2017-Fires-Settlement
Here are some ideas that might help you in filling out the survey and making our vision come true:
Project: Southeast Greenway
Describe the proposed project:
Planning and development of 47 acres of Greenway land into a two-mile linear park offering community residents many amenities and 10 acres of land for 244 units of housing.
Impact of the project:
- Transform unused land into a vibrant community asset that helps meet many City needs
- Convert a heat island into a verdant open space and recreational environment
- Offer safe refuge and evacuation in times of emergency
Benefits of the project:
- Paths for walking and bicycling and 47 acres of public parkland will increase the vibrancy and livability of the community
- The Greenway project includes 9.7 acres zoned for 244 dwelling units, providing much-needed new housing
- The Greenway will be protected and enhanced by creek restoration and planting of native fire-resistant vegetation
- The development of parkland and housing in the Greenway will revitalize nearby business and residential areas and foster neighborhood partnerships and stewardship
- The Greenway will offer space for multiple community gardens, increasing food security and helping neighbors build relationships
Let’s Make It Happen!
Please help us make the SE Greenway a priority for using these funds. We need each and every one of you to complete a survey! Thanks in advance for your support.